The Michigan Rubber Group currently is offering a scholarship for incoming college freshman. The Michigan Rubber Group, a Subdivision of the Rubber Division, ACS requires:
(1) Regular mail package containing the Scholarship Application, two Nomination letters, and essay to be mailed and postmarked no later than January 31st.
2. This Scholarship will be awarded to an incoming college Freshman with a “B” 3.0 or better academic average as shown in their unofficial High School transcripts.
3. Scholarship applicants must enroll in a fully accredited university or college in a country where Rubber Division, ACS has a resident subdivision or partner organization - currently USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil or India.
4. Applicants must have a major area of study in Polymer Science, Materials Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or any other technical discipline of relevance to the rubber industry.
5. This scholarship, with a single, non-renewable stipend of one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500), is applied to one academic year (fall and spring semester) and is to be used toward total tuition expenses. Checks are mailed directly to the college or university.
6. No scholarship winner will be an immediate family member of anyone involved in the administration of the scholarship program or the selection of its winners.
7. Scholarship winners will be introduced to the attendees of the Michigan Rubber Group March Technical Meeting.
We hope to let the stars shine through! Polymer education is important to us and we wish to help educate the next generation of material scientists.